BEAUTY OF WOMANHOOD-A Happy Mother's Day Poem


Beautiful African women

A Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers we love and appreciate you all!!! Dedication to all Mothers!!!

A POEM BY DEMETRIA BANDA

My birth canal is my blessing to the nation

The passage of immortal existence

The sacred vessel that carried Christ

Dominion of people

Yet I don't boost being superior


Men racing to supremacy over me

Words spoken to demean

Actions performed to label women weak

Commands made to challenge my womanhood

Their courtesy is free to subjectivity


Though harder it may be, forge on

Still on I stand to be recognized 

Being a woman means perseverance 

Raising against oppression is part of DNA

Achieving goals is womanly trait


What tender and caring nature

Being silent is respect and patience not defeat

Patiently waited for women empowerment period

My God's promised time to rise and shine

Time to occupy the decorated jobs stamped for men


Clock tower points my seat to apartment

Birds singing melody to my skills

'Ngala ya Pakamwa' mountain calling for my uprising 

'Chitangaya' bound was for both men and women

Martyrs fought for quality


The dawn for women empowerment

Greater good to my mother Malawi

With all that may come, embrace my womanhood

For my success is one but to the nation 

For there is zeal to stand up and be heard

Womanhood symbolizes strength and courage

For to be a woman is to be a pillar or societies

And in womanhood, there is beauty.


ABOUT THE WRITER

Writer Demetria Banda
Demetria Herman Banda

I am Demetria Herman Banda, am a journalist and a police officer by profession and I'm passionate about  writing  news articles and short stories. 

I was voted the most improved writer in the 2016 MAWU/FMB Awards.

I contributed a short story in an Anthology of Women writers in Malawi GRAFTED TREE AND OTHER STORIES IN 2018 and an Anthology of Stories of the struggle for education and equality in Malawi in 2019.


Comments

Post a Comment

Why Malawi?

The Woman in Me- Poem and its Review

The Real Meaning of Flirting and how to Be a Good Flirt- The Friday Shaker

Lessons Learned from Morocco: Exploring Developments, Businesses, and Way of Life