I TRIED -POEM

                            GUEST WRITER 

CHIKUMBUTSO BILLY THAWALE

Chikumbutso is a Malawian young writer who writes poems, short stories and novels. He is currently a University student at Chancellor College in Zomba, Malawi. 




I tried, I cried, but no one was there To hear me out, to wipe away my tears Hope was lost, I screamed through the night A lonely, desperate plea, with no one in sight


It felt like a nightmare, a dark cloud that shrouded me


My parents, my friends, weren't there to set me free


Their absence stabbed at my patience, slowly draining my hope


I tried to fight back, but couldn't cope


My eyes were blackmailed, my future


unclear


Nothing about me seemed to matter, no one


was near


But then I remembered, the Son of the Almighty God


Didn't leave me alone, when I was struggling to carry on


Even when I felt like water, flowing away My hand was held tightly, by a love that wouldn't stray


It wasn't slightly, it was a mighty grip That helped me through the darkness, and gave me hope to grip.

Comments

  1. Yamikani Yolamu Phiri27 July 2024 at 23:23

    Umakwanaaaa bro. Keep it up 🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Why Malawi?

The Woman in Me- Poem and its Review

The Real Meaning of Flirting and how to Be a Good Flirt- The Friday Shaker

Lessons Learned from Morocco: Exploring Developments, Businesses, and Way of Life